Friday, March 27, 2009

Naruto Chapter 441: Rasen Shuriken vs. Shinra Tensei

Summary: Naruto battle's Pain in Sage-mode and locates the real Nagato. Team Gai arrives and tends to Hinata. (read 441 here)

Serenphoria Says:

Not much by way of surprises, but color me impressed by Naruto's quick thinking - I think this chapter featured his most mature and clever in-battle strategy to date, especially the bit where he traced Nagato's location. But just to burst my own bubble, I think Kishimoto cheated a little by getting Naruto into sage-mode so easily again. He was a multi-tailed Kyuubi just moments ago, even with daddy showing up, when did he have a chance to be calm?

Sage-mode eyes are growing on me though.

I was always under the impression that Nagato was speaking through Pain...If that's the case, I wonder what difference it would make for Naruto to speak to the original aside from giving Naruto the chance to see how beat up Nagato really is.

Finally! Team Gai arrives. I really hope they have a much larger role to play, or all this waiting for nothing!

I hope I'm not a terrible person because I laughed the line "Look, here's another frog!" Sorry Pa!Frog.

2 Comments:

At March 28, 2009 11:54 AM , Blogger Nibbles said...

I'm sorry I don't have anything intelligent to add--the last few chapters have reduced me to unintelligible squealing.

:D

 
At March 28, 2009 3:37 PM , Anonymous Nemesis Jedi said...

Yeah I really enjoy it when Kishi shows just how clever Naruto can be. And the return of Shadow Shuriken! Sasuke used it during his battle with Itachi and now Naruto's using it during his battle with Pain. It makes me kind of happy to see them use a battle strategy they came up with together years ago. Speaking of Sasuke I was kinda shocked that Naruto didn't flip out like he usually does when Pain mentioned his name. Could it be that he's finally thinking beyond "saving Sasuke at all cost"?

The reason Naruto's already in sage mode is because his chakra was disrupted and destroyed the sage clone he stored on frog mountain. So dramatic and instant sage mode. I'm liking when he clutched his chest and found out his necklace was missing, by the way.

Well, Naruto might finally understand Nagato in someway when seeing his true body, like our reactions in seeing him for the first time. And there's the fact that Nagato sees Pain as a tool for his 'divine retribution' or whatever, and I'm thinking he's able to justify and distance himself from everything 'Pain' does. Perhaps in seeing an unfiltered Naruto he'll have second thoughts?

This might come out sounding mean, but I'm glad that Naruto's still able to cry. If that ever stops I believe we'll have a serious problem on our hands.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home