Friday, January 16, 2009

Naruto Chapter 431: Naruto Erupts

Summary: Naruto and Pain's summons do battle. (Read 431 here)

Serenphoria says:

Yikes! I'm late with comments, so I'll be brief:

Naruto: *is bad@ss*
Tsunade: *is looking her age*
Kishimoto: *is being sly about Kakashi*

Not to make light of Tsunade, I thought is was particularly meaningful for her to sacrifice her youthfulness, which she held so dear, to protect her constitutes. It speaks to the gravity of the situation and in a way, was Tsunade's own coming-of-age moment. Nice touch, Kishi.

Not so nice is his teasing us with Kakashi's fate. Everything says that Kakashi's dead, except no one will actually say it! What the heck! I don't think it's just my wishful thinking...Kishi is manipulating our emotions and expectations. Otherwise, why not be as straightforward with acknowledging the death like Asuma's or Jiraiya's?

Humph.

5 Comments:

At January 16, 2009 7:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! He Tossed It!

Kakashi. Is that confirmation or just that he can't sense Kaka-sensei because of his chakra depletion?

Speaking of chakra depletion--Tsunade, don't die!

Machine!Pein... Pwnd.
Absorbtion!Pein... Pwnd.
Summons... Pwnd.

Who's next? Girl!Pein, or Mind!Pein?

 
At January 16, 2009 10:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, Naruto's been kicking some serious ass in this chapter! *glee* I knew he was strong, but I did not think he would have been able to toss giant monster rhino into the stratosphere (the best part of this chapter in my humble opinion).

I hope Tsunade's okay. She can't die before Naruto becomes Hokage and certainly not when Danzou's waiting behind the scenes. Also, since Team Gai's taking their sweet time I hope they're the ones to find the real Pain and paper girl.

The most shocking part of this chapter: Katsuyu is a guy!? :o

 
At January 23, 2009 6:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

432: "...Something named Rasen-shuriken should fly..."

I love how Pein tried monologue-ing but Naruto cut him off.

Two down, two more to go... But what's this? Is he vulnerable now? Is he going to need help from his friends?

 
At January 23, 2009 3:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol I totally agree with Nemesis Jedi about the fact that Katsuyu's a guy lol. I really hope that was some form of misprint on the Translator's part... the Anime voice for Katsuyu was a girl so... :S lol. Might have another Haku on our hands... except its a slug...

Plus. Naruto is just DEFINING awesome at the minute.

 
At January 24, 2009 12:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Late, but RL is all busy 'n stuff.

Yeah, Naruto's rhino-tossing was what made this chapter for me. MADE. THE. CHAPTER. I couldn't decide if the reason that Kishimoto destroyed Konoha was so that Naruto COULD toss a rhino and not hit anything important, or if he's just dropped a summoned rhino on a field hospital, with the medics and docs wondering WHY A GIANT RHINO DROPPED OUT OF FREAKIN' NOWHERE.

Yeah. I can take my Earth-Logic and shove it, I know. But a very sick, very cruel part of me is sniggering at the idea that Helpful!Naruto just tossed a bazillion ton rhino on a hospital for orphans, or something. Alas for the squished cartoon orphans! (OMG, they're going to grow up crazy! Like Kabuto crazy! Stop throwing mammals, Naruto! Stoooop!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home