Thursday, March 19, 2009

Naruto Chapter 440: A Conversation with the Fourth

Summary: Naruto and the Fourth Hokage have a heart to heart. (Read 440 here)

Serenphoria Says:

*Wibble*

I adored this chapter.

Yondaime is so cool-headed:

K9: Grrrr! Come here!! I'll rip you to shreds!
4: Saying you're going to rip me to shreds isn't going to make me come closer.
...
4: He's too noisy, let's go somewhere else.

And Naruto was perfectly Naruto:

@: (teary-eyed) Dad... *punch*
@: I don't know whether to be happy or pissed off!
@: It's okay, I'm the son of the fourth Hokage, so I can deal.

I can't quite figure out how Yondy knows some things, as if he's been able to see through Naruto's eyes, but is oblivious to other things (like Naruto's age?). Maybe he was just trying to make conversation. At the same time, it seems as though this Yondy wasn't released into existance until Naruto went eight-tails. So how could he have known about Jiraiya?

Too bad Naruto only gets one reset. (Also interesting is that the seal is both outside and inside him at the same time. It's like placing two mirrors facing each other and the reflections go on forever.)

Pain is in for a whooping.

And completely random, but I wonder if Kishimoto saved "Conversation with the Fourth" for the 440th chapter.

2 Comments:

At March 19, 2009 10:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Minato could only access Naruto's most recent memories at the time of his appearance, or perhaps the thoughts that weigh heaviest in his mind. I'm pretty sad that this is the last time we'll see him, he seems like a pretty cool guy and even though they say Naruto takes after his mother I think I see some Yondy in him too :D

I liked the conversation between the two, the punch and "It's okay, I'm the son of the fourth Hokage, so I can deal." in particular. I think listening to "Hokage" on Naruto's OST made everything more epic too :P

YES! In your face Madara! I did find it pretty interesting that Minato never mentioned him by name though... I wonder... In any case this pretty much confirms that Madara's the one who's pulling the strings and is the true master mind behind everything. My favorite kind of villain. By the way Minato saying "Love breeds hate." reminds me of what Madara said back in chapter 416. Interesting choice of words for someone who manipulates that hate.

I have to say that Naruto saying he was stupid and not a good Ninja made me kind of sad... I suppose he didn't really shrug off all the insults thrown at him after all.

Anyway, now all that needs to happen is Itachi making his grand reappearance! But seriously what counts as a last resort to the guy?

Itachi: "Hmm. Konoha has been destroyed and the Seal is about to break... nahhh, he'll be fine."

In other news:

Whoa. Ichigo's new form is made of refined awesome! Why doesn't Naruto have something that's as cool as that!?

 
At March 23, 2009 9:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm guessing, this is a BIIIG guess btw, but the thing that Jiraiya vomited up pre-Pein-battle (inside the humungous frog post-tickling-that-dude-with-a-feather) with the frog and the key (ref. Chapter 370 Page 7-17) - maybe that included Minato? Which would explain why he only knows certain things (all of which happen to be AFTER Jiraiya's death).

I wonder if Minato will still be able to witness certain things... serious Disney moment though (ref. Lion King II - He lives in you).

Naruto's hopelessness for some reason just WORKED in this chapter. I thought he'd be a tad more pissed off though, and the whole 'My Dad is the Fourth' thing wouldn't be THAT much of a Novelty, but whatever.

@NJ - Itachi will reappear when Sasuke makes an appearance. He's all about the brotherly love.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home