Sunday, March 15, 2009

Naruto Chapter 439: Chibaku Tensei

Summary: The kyuubi almost reaches nine tails, but is trapped in a gigantic ball of earth. Naruto is mentally trapped and is about to lift the kyuubi's seal, but is stopped by Yondaime. (Read 439 here)

Serenphoria Says:

I had my blogger account open and ready to write yesterday, but found myself a little speechless.

Ah hem.

Yondaime WHUT!
Hollow!Naruto WHUT! (ew!)

Okay, there are a few things I wanted to pick at. First, that is a lot of land mass to be pulling up to contain Kyuubi. Seriously, the whole valley?

Secondly, I was a bit put off by the reason Naruto is mentally trapped. When Naruto had admitted that he didn't have the answer, I saw that as a sign of maturity. But now, it seems as if instead of accepting that and moving forward to find an answer, he's allowed Kyuubi to go all postal while he struggles with it. It also somewhat cheapens Hinata's role: her being attacked may have been the straw that broke the camel's back, but Naruto inability to fight back Kyuubi has nothing to do with her. He's still focused on himself.

Prediction: Yondy will help Naruto subdue the Kyuubi. Nagato will die of a stroke from straining so hard. Talk about your anti-climax :)

8 Comments:

At March 15, 2009 4:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I'm loving how eight tails Kyuubi looks. It's like a zombie Kyuubi! Isn't that the greatest thing or what? I wonder how the hell Naruto's body is holding up though...

Well, Naruto just lost his teachers, his village, and this girl who he really never noticed just declared her love for him and then 'died' for him. I can't really blame Naruto for that moment of weakness. *shrug*

I have to say that Minato appearing out of no where and doing the who "Luke I'm your father" thing is so much better than someone just saying "Oh, by the way the fourth was your dad. Have a nice day!" to Naruto. I'd love a good old fashion father/son talk, but there are a few things Minato must do before he goes knocking on deaths door again:

1. Give the kid Hiraishin

2. Tell Naruto everything he knows.

I think it's time to see if Kyuubi "just happened to attack" like Madara said he did 16 years ago.

 
At March 15, 2009 7:50 PM , Blogger Nibbles said...

Oh! NJ, I'd completely forgotten about that[370]!

I need to go back and re-read a lot.

 
At March 15, 2009 10:47 PM , Blogger serenphoria said...

@NJ

Whoa, good memory! And yes, I agree that it is much cooler to have Daddy to tell Naruto than through a third-party. Maybe the awesome factor (Dude, my dad is the freaking Hokage!) will give Naruto the confidence he needs to get back on his horse.

And I wasn't saying that Naruto wasn't in a bad place, I was just a little disappointed that he seemed to be caught up over one thing (regarding his competence) rather than his loss. Although, even as I'm typing, I guess that's a good thing, because he's distraught over not knowing how to fix things, rather than just feeling like the victim. Huh. Now I have a different feeling about the chapter :)

 
At March 17, 2009 3:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait a minute....did you *REALLY* advertise *this* blog on Adwords???! O.o

 
At March 17, 2009 2:03 PM , Blogger serenphoria said...

@Ren

Hi and welcome. Erm...yes? Haha, it's been awhile since I've thought about that. I have a sandbox account and I didn't have another site to try it out on. Is it weird? I think a few people depend on it to find the blog.

@everyone

Do any of you actually depend on the ads? Do they help?

 
At March 17, 2009 3:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Naruto-about-to-pull-off-seal: My exact reaction: "DUDE, wtf are you DOING?!"

YONDY: Hell freaking YES!

Team Gai: WHERE. DAMMIT. WHERE.

Nagato: Your bleeding from the nose, AND the mouth, and the Nine Tails hasn't been completely released yet. Whatever way you look at it, you're buggered.

Death-Star-type-mound-of-earth-in-mid-air: "......."

Zombie!Kyuubi: Well, at least it LOOKS epic. I second NJ, just HOW will Naruto's body recover from that :|

 
At March 17, 2009 3:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

@serenphoria: Believe it or not I found you through google XD Had no idea about the ads.

 
At March 17, 2009 9:02 PM , Blogger Nibbles said...

I found you through fanfiction.net.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home