Friday, February 06, 2009

Naruto Chapter 434: Naruto vs God Realm

Summary: Naruto gets caught.

Serenphoria Says:


I actually don't have too much to say about the battle that made up most of the chapter. Except that I love this face. Who wouldn't cheer for him with that confidence?

What was noteworthy for me was the quick scene featuring the others. Naruto's peers showed some surprise and a little concern, but made little effort to help. Kiba's reaction was particularly uncharacteristic: I would have expected him, out of all people, to try to charge into the fray. Not only did he complacently accept li'l slug's statement that they shouldn't interfere, he basically told others not to either. At the very least he should have taken the order with more reluctance.

I realize that giving Kiba that reaction may have been an ill-casted attempt to set up Hinata's reaction as the only one to resist and go help Naruto. She showed a little spine, then instantly turned into a jellyfish within a page. Let her have a little character development, please! Generic!Huuga says you'll be a burden and you just take it? Gah!

And who was it that decided Naruto had to do this for himself anyhow? See, now he's in trouble.

6 Comments:

At February 06, 2009 6:23 AM , Blogger Nibbles said...

Do that special Hakke Hinata!

 
At February 06, 2009 3:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah ha ha! I'm liking how the Hokages appear so unamused with Naruto on the cover page.

Hokages: This is our successor?!
Minato: Hey, the kid takes after his mother I swear!

I'm glad they explained some of Naruto's limitations in Sage mode within this chapter. I'm guessing that once he uses his last Sage clone he'll be able to create an army of himself again?

Adding sage chakra to the Rasenshuriken seems to have made it even more powerful. I certainly don't remember Kakuzu being disintegrated by that jutsu like long haired Pain. Totally awesome.

"You're one of my precious hosts, after all." He probably meant Jinchuuriki, but I really want that to mean: "When Madara's done with you, you're so going to be a new Pain." I can't be the only one who thinks that idea would be pretty cool, huh? Nagato can have him and Pain!Itachi mock Sasuke! :D

Silliness aside I'm not too worried about Naruto's current predicament. Ma and Pa are still with him and he's still got a sage clone waiting in the wings. I'm hoping baby slug can prove his might and spray some acid in fat Pains face creating a scene from Aliens :P

 
At February 08, 2009 4:51 PM , Blogger Nibbles said...

... Hey wait a second ... Didn't the end of 433 say this one was going to be in COLOR?!

I've been jipped.

 
At February 13, 2009 6:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeez, 435 is up already.

 
At February 14, 2009 3:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You Must Be Still Sleepy Huh?!

Anybody who wants to a read naruto blog that is LENGTY, ENTERTAININING, AND IS ALWAYS UP TO DATE, YOU SHOULD GO TO THIS SITE: http://iareawesomeness.wordpress.com/2009/02/13/naruto-manga-436-spoiler-discussion-manga-435-discussion-and-breakdown/

Some say Patience is a virtue, but I don't buy that. And Mendokuse, Compared to your previous blogs, you have TRULY been slacking off. I guess you find the work troublesome...

 
At February 14, 2009 1:35 PM , Blogger serenphoria said...

@Anonomous

Thanks for the link, iareawesome's posts look fun.

And I'm sorry for any frustration you've experienced here. There may be some disconnect between your expectations and what this blog actually is.

It started as a place for my sister and I to share our thoughts and we welcomed others to read and share in the conversation. There was a time when it was the norm for us to be a month behind at a time due to our schedules. We operated on the assumption that everyone who's here has already read the chapter and doesn't want a play-by-play. Being terse is the default, long entries are aberrations, and while some may find my comments entertaining, that's never been my goal. It's been a blessing that this blog has gathered a few regular readers like Nemisis Jedi, Nibbles, and TaterBird and I'm glad to hear their substantive comments, which I find so much more satisfying than firsts! and seconds!

So, Anon, if this message reaches you, I hope it gives you a little more context into what Mendokuse is about. If it doesn't meet your needs, I encourage you to find something that does.

And as one person to another, I encourage you to first try to communicate and understand before making accusations. I think the internet experience can be so much more productive and pleasant if we all used a little more tact.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home