Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Naruto Chapter 412: Fear Like They've Never Known Before

Summary: Team Sasuke finds fighting the Eight-Tails a challenge. Naruto continues to train to become a sage. (read 412 here)

Serenphoria Says:

You know, there have been times when I've wanted to say 'Bite me, Sasuke,' but I never ever meant it the way Karin meant it. I'm thinking those oval-shaped dashes on her arm are old bite marks. Ew.

(Sakura gets points for having a much more sophisticated and civilized medi-nin skills.)

Other than the vampire thing, many nice moments in this chapter:

First, very nice team work from Team Sasuke. And I'm very glad to see they are struggling against the eight-tails. It gives the Tailed Beasts the credibility they've been denied thus far because the Akatsuki seem to have such an easy time catching them.

Then there's more endearing froggy master and pupil moments. Whack-a-mole was exactly what I was thinking before Naruto said it! And Naruto gets another indirect bit of acknowledgment (I'm training you because only people who don't give up can become sages. Way to manipulate the boy Yoda Frog!)

Naruto threw himself into the frog oil! He's turning froggy just from the little bit on his arm, so this can't be good. I wonder what he's going to look like when he's using Sage skills and channeling Kyuubi. I'm thinking that his body will get really confused and turn him into a blob or implode or something.

Sigh, and he was growing up so well too.

5 Comments:

At August 20, 2008 3:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of growing up well, didja see his shoulders? Hubba hubba! ;)

Anyway, as to the 'bite mark' looking things, I interpreted them as seals--possibly weirdo curse mark seals.

 
At August 20, 2008 8:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I honestly don't know what to say to Karin's 'healing ability'. Just, why Kishi? Why?

I know for a fact that the only reason Sasuke got injured was so he could show this off...

Also, "Wheeeeee!" is not a howl.

Ah, Naruto diving head first into things as usual. I Wonder if he'll need help from his personal zoo that he keeps in his 'bellybutton' :P

'he was growing up so well too.'

Indeed.

 
At August 22, 2008 9:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, *giggles* heh, in 413, *snerk* you gotta see it... I don't want to spoil it for ya', but update soon with what you think. I think I may enjoy your comments more than the manga these days.

 
At August 23, 2008 10:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it awful that Karin forces us to give Sakura points? :P

 
At August 25, 2008 5:06 PM , Blogger serenphoria said...

@nibbles

Looks like you're right.

@jedi

What do you mean? All manly men go 'wheeee!' when they're about to lay the smack down!

@anonymous

Aw thanks. A little sad comment for the state of the manga, but I'm glad my comments keeps you entertained.

@taters

Word.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home