Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Naruto Chapter 363: Sasuke's Death

***Updated 8-7-07***

Summary
: All parties noticed the huge explosion caused by Deidara. Zetsu report to the Akatsuki that Deidara (and probably Tobi) died with Sasuke. In reality, Sasuke summoned and hid in Manda, Orochimaru's snake, and escaped into the summon's dimension before regrouping with Team Hebi (Manda died in the process). Meanwhile, an unidentified character charges the Akatsuki leader, Pein, with the task of capturing the Nine-Tails.

SnowyOwl Says: Lots to say for this chapter. You can all thank Candalabra for reminding me to update! :)

[They call him genius for a reason] - I gotta hand it to Sasuke this time. Escaping into the summon's dimension to escape nuclear-bomb-sized explosion was clever. But 1) if he was at his limit, where did he find the chakra needed to summon?, and 2) why Manda? I mean, that's overkill. Only Naruto can accidentally summon a creature that big. There must have been a bigger-than-human but more-chakra-efficient snake he could have summoned (unless unlike the toad family, contracts with a snake didn't extend to other snakes?). Anyway, this puts a serious damper on my theory that there would be an epic next-generation sannin battle between the former Team Seven. Maybe Sasuke can find an even bigger snake before then, but it just wouldn't be the same. Maybe Kabuto can fuse with it and bring it back from the dead ::shudders::

[Depth-perception is Moot in the Narutoverse] - The explosion occurs far into the horizon and behind a mountain and all of Team Hebi is worried about Sasuke. How in hell's bells did Sasuke even get that far? My brain hurts.

[Anti-Sakura is still Sakura] - I thought it was amusing that Karin the Sakura stand-in has the inverse personality as young!Sakura. Whereas Inner Sakura was brash and Outer Sakura was more shy with Sasuke, Karin is shy internally and brash outwardly with Sasuke. Inverse or not, because she reminds me of old SasukeFanGirlUseless!Sakura, Karin bugs me. Maybe unfairly so, but she does.

[Deception in the dark and the Shadow King] - Intrigue amongst the Akatsuki! I'm very surprised to meet someone in a position to order the leader of the Akatsuki around and there seems to be even more conspiracy surrounding Sasuke than originally thought. There's obviously an ulterior motive if Pein lied about Sasuke's survival to the others. Perhaps to prevent anyone*coughitachicough* from intervening? Ooo! What is that master plan? How is Sasuke and the capture of Kyuubi related (if at all)? I have a tingling feeling that the new Shadow King may be someone we already know...

[You gotta love the bad guys] - Word, Kisame. My respect for this guy grows every time he appears. And you know Tobi isn't dead. Zetsu was confident Sasuke died and is totally wrong; Tobi being 'probably' dead must mean he's not dead at all. (Unless the announcement was part of the conspiracy?) And Pein and the girl (I think the fandom already dubbed her 'Blue' but I'm not sure) seem very cool in a powerful-yet-level-headed way. I can't wait to see more of them and hopefully level-headed != boring. For some reason, I really like this frame:

Witherwing writes:

Gomen, gomen for the late update once again.

Man, talk about your misleading titles. For a moment I thought it was true because, well, he blew up and then there's the title, and the people saying he's dead. I mean, after Orochimaru died in two seconds nothing will surprise me anymore.

[The genius of Sasuke] Maybe Sasuke wasn't at his limit. Deidara only assumed that he was because he was having trouble standing. Maybe it was a physical limit but not a chakra limit.
How did Suigetsu have the scroll for summoning? Did Sasuke tell him that if the snake fades after it feels like he is dead, summon the giant snake? What would have happened if he wasn't summoned back? He would have been digested by Manda.

Gotta love Suigetsu's one-liners (page 13) 'Ah, he died.'

I'm sad to say that I agree with Karin, even injured, Sasuke looks cool.

[Manda] Maybe Manda was one of a kind and din't have little snake babies for Sasuke to use. Or it might take too long to hatch another basilisk under a frog.

[The bad guys] I wonder how the akatsuki learned to halogram themselves to comunicate. That's better than star wars.
What's with Pein's crazy eyes? There like Kurenai's. Kinda.

Next chapter, Shadow king revealed!

5 Comments:

At July 28, 2007 1:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bwahahaha, you posted stuff! ^_^ *thanks self* lol.

... aah, Karin's just FUNNY. Plus, 'wow. Sasuke looks even hotter when he's injured!' (or whatever the exact wording was, i can't remember now) was EXACTLY what the entire fanbase was thinking. You can just tell.

... of course now I'm going to beg you to comment on Chapter 364 (I feel so mean ...), because WTH. WTFH. It was even more wtf-worthy than 363! ... what with the whole Tobi = shadow-king-guy (which I totally guessed, by the way) and Itachi 'crying' (O_O THE HELL?) ^_^

Thanks for posting, these things are so fun to read ... ^_^

 
At July 28, 2007 3:00 PM , Blogger SnowyOwl said...

Candelabra dear, you are sooo lucky I just read 364 before your comments. That was a close call. Mind putting spoil alerts when commenting? ^_^

Sorry if my Karin comments tend to be negative, I also find her amusing but I don't always remember to say so. Yeah, about her internal Sasuke comment? I laughed because I was thinking it too. ::is ashamed::

 
At July 28, 2007 4:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, if I happened to be an megalomaniac fifteen year old boy ninja with an extremely unstable group of followers, I would be worried if one of them thought I was hotter when I was injured. I'd be VERY worried. The Dread Pirate Sasuke should back away slowly from the anti-Sakura. I still feel badly for her, though. Her glasses suck. They don't let her see that hitting water is pointless.

On the plus side: YAY! A cartoon snake is dead! (Yeah, my phobia extends even to non-existent snakes.) Here's a thought. Manda the Snake-Kabob wasn't exactly subservient to Orochimaru when he was summoned the first time. Why would he listen to a kid, even a kid with super eyes? How would the super eyes work on something that big (bearing in mind that their predictiness doesn't work on Naruto)? Wouldn't it be much more efficient to get rid of an unreliable summon? Maybe he's just difficult to draw. Although a snake that doubles as a nuclear fall-out shelter is pretty handy. (Die, Manda, DIE!)

I want a paper flower in my hair when I grow up. I totally agree with you on that picture, Snowy. When I read the chapter, I stopped and looked for a bit at its awesomeness. But I'd like to know why ninja women fight in the ugliest heels known to mankind? If I were a scary ninja lady, I'd either fight in practical shoes, or a pair of stiletto heels that are capable of taking out an eye with a single kick, not those geriatric nurse ninja shoes. Someone has *got* to get to Kishimoto, his characters are suffering from a fashion emergency! Er... more so than usual. But you know what, along with Sui the Awesome, I don't really care what Kisame wears. He's also on my list of cool. His short eulogy is fitting. Cheerful is good. Too bad there isn't anyone to turn that gloomy organization *smart*.

 
At July 29, 2007 10:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH GODS sorry! I kind of assumed you'd read it ... SORRY! (... well, at least you had. I'd feel way worse if you hadn't.)

*is extremely ashamed of self*

I won't do it again, I promise ...

ahhh, I liked the big snake. :'( RIP, Manda! ... I believe I shall go into mourning now ...

lol, weren't we all thinking what Karin said? XD

 
At July 31, 2007 7:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

*pats Candelabra on head* There, there, Candelabra. You can mourn Manda. Mourn him for me. And I won't rub his death in. ;-D

It is remotely possible, maybe in an alternate reality on Mars in the year 4003 that I MAY (and this is only the remotest of possibilities, mind you) have agreed with Anti-Sakura's assessment of the Dread Pirate Sasuke. He's still an ass, though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home