Friday, May 18, 2007

Naruto Chapter 354: Making Their Move

**Updated 6-1-07**

Summary:
Sasuke repays a debt to a clan of cats before heading out. Team Kakashi teams up with another to go capture Itachi. Deidara has a bone to pick with both parties and heads out with Tobi.

SnowyOwl Says: What the fug?!?

-Cats? Sasuke owes cats? Who knew that the Sasuke-neko associations fan writers and artists have been making had some weight. Or maybe Kishimoto is reacting to it.

-Juugo would rather wear a curtain than the shirt he already has?

-Team Kuranai?!? Granted, they are a top-notch tracking team, and Shino's got some mad skillz, but I don't see the two teams gelling well, especially with Kiba and Naruto butting heads and Hinata's infatuation with Naru. In other words, each of the two teams are good as their own unit, but for this mission, I think two teams that work well together as a whole is imperative. In this scenario, I think Team Gai is more qualified, or just Shikamaru. It feels a little like Kishimoto is just trying to pair up our main characters with all the major players in Part I again. But we'll see. It has been 3 years after all.

But Deidara is back in the story! Yay! And he's dragging Tobi along this time. They'll run into Team Konoha (while Hebi battles Team Ita-same) and Kakashi and Tobito will meet again. And it will be emotional and angsty and oh Tobito which side will you choose when you get your memory back? ^_^
Capes are cool. It hides Sasuke's shirt, Karin's hotpants, and Juugo's curtain.

Witherwing writes:

Where the heck did the cats come from? When did Sasuke have time to visit them. I mean, he's been glued to Orochimaru for 3 years and before that he was doing missions and in the hospital. So random...but look at Suigetsu play with the cats. (page 8 middle frame)

You'll have to give Juugo a break with the curtain thing. He's been trapped in a cellar for a lot of years. I can't help but think that he'll regret not wearing a shirt during one of the fights.

Yay! The return of Kiba. It really will be interesting to see how these teams work out. If they're only planning on tracking the akatuski then team Kuranai is the best but for detaining them, wouldn't ex-team Asuma be better?


6 Comments:

At May 19, 2007 10:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This. Is. Ludicrous. There is *SO MUCH* wrong with this, I don't even know where to begin. Most importantly: Itachi killed his entire family. His entire family, full of genetic freakshows with scary ninja power, apparently with a stockpile of weapons, with an area equivalent to a city block, and a family of loyal retainers, a.k.a. the Creepy Ninja Cats. Itachi *killed* these people. By himself (and his katana. At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if the katana talks, too.). So the Hokage, in her infinite wisdom, has decided to send, not a crack team of the best ANBu- but a troupe of 15 year olds who don't work together often (and one leader out on maternity leave). Must. Not. Apply. Logic. This is absurd. (I'm glad to see Hinata, though. I cheer for Hinata!I still like Kakashi best, though.)

Also, did Sui turn into a girl? Where did the pale-haired girl in the Cat Cellar come from? Did they forget to color in Malibu Ninja Barbie's hair? Is Sui actually Boy George? Did I miss a panel that would have made this entire episode MAKE SENSE? Oh well, I have high hopes for Itachi just letting the rest of his idiot organization die, so that he can come up with a plan that, oh, maybe isn't ridiculous.

Oh, and who was feeding the cats?

Tobito?

 
At May 21, 2007 12:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good point, Taterbird, but don't forget that we do have who probably is the best ex-ANBU, and two under-cover ANBU in the squad (KakaYamaSai). As for the random chick, I assumed she was part of the cat-clan, though I was caught off-guard myself. And Tobito is my name for my Tobi = Obito theory. I don't know how strongly I believe it, but it would be fun (or dramatic/tragic) if it were true.

 
At May 22, 2007 8:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, it would also explain who was feeding the cats. Tobito would never let cats go hungry! A question and an answer!

 
At May 30, 2007 9:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe I only just noticed this but... you wrote 154, when it's 354...

 
At May 31, 2007 7:33 PM , Blogger SnowyOwl said...

Oops! Chapter numbers are now fixed. This is what happens when you're also following Tsubasa, which is exactly 200 chapter behind. Thanks for the catch...er...anonymous.

 
At June 01, 2007 8:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh- I just couldn't wait, but I don't think this is *too* spoilery- but I think Kabuto just won. That is, Kabuto just won the "One Crazy Son of a Biotch" award. He's officially bonkers, but it cracks me up (and sort of scares me...). He has just out crazied all of the Superfriends, Juugo, and the other Sannin combined. Uh... yay Kabuto?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home