Monday, June 18, 2007

Naruto Chapter 358: Cornered By C2!

**Updated 6-25-07**

Summary:
Deidara drops bombs from the sky while Tobi sets landmines, trapping Sasuke with explosives. Although Sasuke is forced to activate the cursed seal and injures one of his 'wings., he uses his sword to test that ground and use as a foothold to launch an attack on Deidara. Deidara, pinned to his clay dragon by large shurikens, crashes into the landmines below.

SnowyOwl Says: I spoke too soon. Dei-sama don't diiiie!

I know Deidara is one of the baddies, but it would be so unsatisfying if Sasuke killed him. He's likely going to be one of those 2-dimensional characters that learn a lesson as they take their last breath but I don't want the lesson to be from Sasuke, because whatever he says will probably annoy me. He and Tobi are much too amusing to let it end here.

-Did anyone else feel ShikaTemChuuninFight vibes from this battle?
-By the Law of Conservation of Mass, those baby dragon bombs really shouldn't be that big.
-Do cursed-seal parts regenerate? This is the first time it seriously dawned on me that those abominable 'wings' are made of flesh (rather than clay? I don't know what I thought).

Witherwing writes:

I don't think that Deidara is destined to die by any particular ninja's hand. I mean, he went to find Sasuke by his own choice. Not sure why. Pride?

I hope Sasuke's wing grows back because, as much as I hate them. Having just one is too loppy. The fight was like the temashika fight. Does that mean that Sasuke's planning ability is on the level of Shikamaru's? I don't think that he was there to watch it so he couldn't have copied.

Tobi's a phaser. Like Kitty Pride. That makes a little more sense then the floating head theory.

SnowyOwl Says:

Fine, fine. Phaser does make more sense. I was just a little caught up on the Tobito theory - in which case, Obito's body was squished to smithereens. But this is Tobi, not Obito, we're talking about...

1 Comments:

At June 19, 2007 7:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh, not so tough now, are ya, Mr. Win-At-All-Costs Uchiha? You're going to *miss* that part of your back when you're not a freaky hand winged abomination with an ambiguous religious symbol on your nose and Motley Crue's hair. Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! Seriously, hope he's not missing a lung, or something when he transforms back. Because if the damage he sustains in the freakshow form doesn't translate into actual physical damage, it would be So. Incredibly. Cheap.

On a more cheerful note, I don't thing Deidara will learn jack squat even if he does die. All he'd learn is that Tobi should have been attacking from behind, the slow-witted thumbprint face. Furthermore, I doubt he'd give the Dread Pirate Sasuke the satisfaction of saying "You know, I learned something today: violence ISN'T the answer. All this time I should have been going to art museums. Carry on my explosive statues, Grasshopper!" But then, I do NOT want Sasuke to win where the amazing Kakashi only tied.

As for the law of conservation of mass, I'd like to take this moment to point out that we're talking about the ninja who seems to bleed nitroglycerin. Just assume that it's a closed system (which is the only way it's applicable) and it's in fact displacing superheated air with the strength of the reaction rather than an equivalent amount of matter, causing a nasty sequence of natural chain reactions. You know what, Snowy? We. Are. Such. Geeks. (I love us!) And we're applying thermodynamics to a world where fifteen year olds are the long arm of the law, and dragons are made of 'splodey clay. Ai yay yai.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home