Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Naruto Chapter 347: Diversion

Summary: There is some tension between Suigetsu and Sasuke, but Suigetsu acknowledges Sasuke's strength and agrees to go with Sasuke. They detour to Wave country so Suigetsu could take Zabuza's sword from the grave. In Konoha, Konohamaru shows off a perverted bunshin-henge and Sakura embarrassingly exposes herself to be dirty-minded.

SnowyOwl Says:


This chapter is Love.

A new beginning: So the action with Orochimaru was just a transition (That's what you are, Orochi, just a transition point!). Looks like the real arc will focus on Sasuke gathering his band of baddies and then doing ... whatever. I'm surprised that Sasuke's teaming up with others ... I've always pegged him as a solitary guy, but maybe he'll do it as long as he's in charge and the others aren't holding him back (he's hand-picking them afterall).

Pssst. Is it just me? Or does Suigetsu pass for Sakura?



Two thoughts: 1) rebuilding his team indeed... and 2) Sakura ... is just not pretty in her civilian outfit.

Remembering the past: The Great Naruto Bridge! I enjoy references to the past, it really grounds and fleshes out the created universe. It's promising that Sasuke reacts with ... not something in the anger spectrum ... when Suigetsu assumes Sasuke was responsible for beating Zabuza. He knows the credit goes ultimately to Naruto and he's not bitter, which, by extension, make me think he has come to truely acknowledge Naruto.

So Suigetsu is from Wave country, like Zabuza and Kisame, the large-sword wielders. With those teeth, I wonder if he isn't related to Kisame (Oh! Big brothers and little brothers are partners!)

And a ton of laughs:
Can you say fan service?
No plot development, just OMG did-he-yes-he-did (fake) Sai and Sasuke action that I can't believe actually appeared in canon. Yaoi fans are squeeing for joy and series' shonen readers are going O.o WTH? I really enjoyed the parallel reactions and I'm tempted to just post the whole page, but you can check them out yourselves. Poor Kakashi.

I do want to share my laughing-til-me-sides-hurt joy of Sai's reactions:

Sai's surprised face:


Sai's scandalized face:
I love Sai.

Witherwing writes:

The Recruitment
- I'm just so surprised at Sasuke's actions. First he chooses to recruit teammates to help him do what ever. Then he chooses someone his age. Are there no other stong old people around? I'm also so boggled by their interaction. They speak like good aquaintences, if not friends. They joke, and Sasuke even goes out of his way to get Zabuza's sword for Water-kun. Not to mention, they have an entire conversation while he's naked!

My favorite part: Mizu-kun trying to kill Sasuke using the Voldemort method from movie 4. I slay you with this finger-of-doom to the head. -poke- Die! (insert poking head picture)

The Diversion- When I first read this part I thought that the chapter was a fake. I was thinking, 'no way. He would never...' Yes he did. What is Konohamaru doing a Kage bunnshin for? I thought that that was a forbidden techneque. Well I can't see Naruto doing this diversion on Sasuke and it actually succeeding. It most likely will get him killed.

Poor Kakashi. (insert Kakashi picture)

The Bridge- Technically Zabuza's death was due to Kakashi and his dogs. I wonder what Sasuke is really thinking. Perhaps he's remembering his great death montage?
Of the three mist folk that we've met, I think that Zabuza is the best looking. The Sakura look just isn't working for me. And the teeth... (insert teeth)

Enter...another girl. (insert butt picture)due to my computer not being able to crop again, I'll have to ask Snowyowl to insert pictures. :-p

SnowyOwl Says: Pictures inserted! And I thought the same thing about the finger-of-death. Looks kinda lame on the surface, but if water-kun pulls a T-2000 and spears Sasu-kun through the head, well, I'd like to see the Sharingan illusion him out of that! But yeah, they seem like comrades ... at least Suigetsu thinks they're chummy.

3 Comments:

At March 30, 2007 8:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me? I just liked Sai's "That's me!" comment. It goes right up there with Chouji's "Crap" when facing certain death. Although for that one, I'm not sure Naruto isn't facing certain death by Scary Ink Animals. But yeah, I kinda thought the same thing about that pic that you did, Snowy. The resigned sigh and the "there go the fangirls. Again." But I too love Sai. I'd hate for him to get all traitorous and ANBU-y.

As for Sasuke working with people- everyone knows that a scary villain-in-training (since I'm reasonably sure that he's going to be at least a minor antagonist) needs a retinue of meat shields- er... a team. Yeah. A team. A team that walks through all suspicious doors first. That's the bonus of being brave intrepid leader- neither brave, nor intrepid. By the way, does Sakura's Sasuke mini-me actually have a...slurpee? And an oh-so-stylish figure cinching belt? If he has kitten heels, I officially quit being a girl, because I've been outdressed by a cartoon pool-dwelling ninja.

 
At April 01, 2007 9:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. So Orochi's dead, Sasuke is gathering some rather strange-looking groupies, and Sakura is a total freak. Hmm. Strange stuff, make no mistake, and completely disturbing -- in Sakura's case, anyhow. And how could Kishimoto, in his right mind, give in to those psycho fangirls? I just don't understand it...

Fangirls: 'The power of yaoi compells you!'

Kishimoto: 'I hear and obey, fangirls.'

Gah.

While this little interlude from the action is interesting, I just want the ass-kicking to continue again. It doesn't matter whose ass, precisely. I know Sasuke needs to get his groupie's together and all, for the sake of the plot, but I'm an impatient child, and what's a ninja manga without some action? I'm actually getting kinda worried. All of this Sasuke-centric stuff has me thinking something really stupid is going to happen -- something that'll put our little dark Avenger back into the spotlight again, redeemed of all of his bad qualities and misdeeds. It just seems that Kishimoto is pandering to the masses -- the masses that are made up of Sasuke-fangirls -- and his main character is being kept down, over and over and over again. Naruto's still a genin, for goodness' sake, and now that he's finally mastered a super-cool, totally awesome new jutsu...he can't even use it. Whaaaat? Last time I checked, this manga was called 'Naruto', not 'Sasuke'. Doesn't that count for something?

Anyway, I digress. On a lighter note, I totally saw the Sakura-pervert thing coming. After all, any stalker worth their stuff -- and Sakura was a fine Sasuke-stalker, if nothing else -- would be somewhat of a pervert. 'Tis only natural.

Though it was strange to see her with a nose-bleed. Hmm...

 
At April 02, 2007 12:34 AM , Blogger SnowyOwl said...

Welcome, Phoenixfeather! Again, I don't think Orochi is 'dead' in the strictest sense of the word. Just in...incubation? Dormant? Suppressed? Kinda like Vapormort in Harry Potter, the situation just needs to be right for him to come back. And about Sasuke, for all I can tell, there aren't that many Sasuke fans - sure, in the beginning when he was actually cool, maybe, but he hasn't been in a long time. I'm a little worried that Kishimoto is trying to redeem Sasuke without Naruto being a part of that process, but I'll save those thoughts for the next post. But yes, Naruto is being a little neglected. I have ad feeling Shikamaru will have a part to play in the climax, because otherwise all that character development will have been for naught.

Thanks for commenting and we hope to hear from you again!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home