Monday, March 05, 2007

Naruto Chapter 343: Heartless...

**Updated 3-17-07**

Summary:
Team 7 bond over ramen and Naruto's healing arm. While Kakashi acknowledges Naruto's strength, he warns that the strength of a jutsu is proportionately damaging/riskier to the user. Meanwhile, Orochimaru's body reaches its limit and as Kabuto retrieves stronger medication, Sasuke attacks the sannin.

SnowyOwl Says:
Yay new Team 7 love!

There's a wonderful chemistry to this team that the old Team 7 never had. Not just because of Sai, but because the entire dynamic between members have changed, even if 2 out of 3 members haven't. I'm not saying that Team 7 is any less important, just less healthy. Consider:

Kakashi = hierarchy; authority
Naruto -> Sakura -> Sasuke = love interest
Naruto -> Sasuke ( -> Naruto?) = rival
Sasuke -> Naruto + Sakura = dead weight
Old Team 7 = tension, opposing energies

Kakashi = equal; mentor
Sai + [Naruto, Sakura] = partners in jest
Sakura + Naruto -> Sai = ally
Sai + Sakura + Naruto = friends
New Team 7 = synergy

You'd think the great Orochimaru would have a bigger bed. What is that? A twin-size?
You know the man's gone crazy when he switches from kukukus to hahahas. Check the snake on his jammies. The Uchiha's aren't the only ones who brand themselves.
Sasuke's coolest pose post-time skip to date. Still not digging the ensemble.

Finally, this makes sense. At least Orochi-sama saw this coming. Did Sasuke really have to make such a dramatic entrance? Kabuto's going to come to the rescue now (unless he's been slowly poisoning Orochi for this moment...). What did Sasuke mean 'I guess I can be cold-hearted even in front of you?' I think something is lost in translation, because that would indicate that the norm is he is only cold-hearted in Orochi's absence, as if to spare him from it.

Witherwing writes:

Sorry for the really late post. Real life again. I just chose to escape for a while.

Team 7 Dynamic: I loved this. Just the teasing and the Naruto feeding. I understand that the new team seven has a better balance but I can't help but feel that you're selling the old team seven short. Keep in mind:
They were Eleven, therefore 1) Kakashi had to be the authority. 2) Boys will be boys. 3) Sakura will be Sakura.
I mean, the whole love interest-triangle thing had to disappear because Sasuke is gone. Maybe if Sasuke stayed (and didn't go crazy) then they would have a good team-energy as well. Or you can say that their good balance is due to Sasuke. Who knows?

Crazy Orochimaru: Just another thing to add to the how's Orochimaru's crazy list. I mean, who does this? 'You're almost mine.' It seem's kind of shady to me and more than a little creepy.


Dynamic pose: Gasp! Sasuke revolts! I bet this was his plan all along. He'd just play along and learn all he needs to know and then....revolt! Now, all we have to do is wait for Kabuto to show his true colors.

Sidenote: Sasuke's sword jutsu reminded me of Ichimaru Gin's first release from Bleach.

2 Comments:

At March 08, 2007 6:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. My. God, Snowy, NEVER work out team relationships in the form of equations AGAIN. I had the nearly overwhelming and completely terrifying urge to balance them. And we all know that the elements composing "synergy" are mysterious, potentially explosive, world ending, fluffy, and pink. I do agree that the Old Team was seriously in need of counseling (I reserve judgement on the New Team.).

About Orochimaru's bed- I am comforted by the fact that he *has* a bed, and doesn't sleep hanging by his ankles from the ceiling. Added to which, why would he *need* a bigger bed anyway? I don't think he's the ... sharing ... type. I think that the indication that a grown man is irredeemably off the deep end is when he has character pajamas. Snakey McSnake PJs? Now *really*, Orochimaru, the Dread Pirate Sasuke should just kill you for that alone.

On the Dread Pirate Sasuke's dramatic entrance- Sasuke, sweetie, real geniuses USE THE DOORKNOB (or slide it open, if it's that kind). It's what it's there for. And then they use the Scary Lightsaber of Doom no Jutsu *after* they lock the (still whole) door so that myopic assistants don't bounce on in to the rescue (or not, but whatever he does, I still hope Kabuto wins! And I still don't know why.). Still, at least the Dread Pirate Sasuke's mental processes have ground back into action. I'm sure the Decimation-Of-a-Defenseless-Door Incident is just because he's a bit rusty.

 
At March 12, 2007 6:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad I found you! Finally some intelligent Naruto conversation!

I've read 345 now, and I absolutely *must* know what you think of the hand, so post soon okay.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home