Sunday, April 06, 2008

Naruto Chapter 396: Introduction

Summary: Madara abandons his confrontation with Team Konoha to retrieve the Uchiha brothers. The team fails to reach Sasuke first. Elsewhere, Madara introduces himself as a friend and an Uchiha to Sasuke. (Read 396 here)

Serenphoria Says:


Silly me. I actually thought focus would switch to Naruto and gang for a little bit. Nope, just long enough to pull the rug from under Naru again and back to the Uchiha. Yeah, Naruto's a little upset about this too.

Did Kishi always use the white flare for Sharingan activation? I wonder if it has any significance.


I'm a little worried about Kakashi. He's probably really straining his body to use the Mangekyou. And why though? They are not actively engaged with the enemy right now? And I'm still very curious as to how he got it in the first place.

And I think I've given up on the Tobito Theory. Madara's face is not messed up enough to be Obito's.

Maaw. Look at Sasuke's sad face. He looks a little numb and lost. But more interestingly, I'm wondering about the one Sharingan. It's too distinct to be a trick of the shadow. There hasn't been an instance in the past where anyone with two Sharingans activated them separately, but Sasuke's left Sharingan did matured more quickly than his left (the third tomoe on the right didn't appear until the Valley of the End), so it could be the case that his left matured to the next level. This is the same eye that we were shown 'bleeding' two chapters back.

The juxtaposition with the panel above may also be significant, and signal that Madara had somehow influenced one Sharingan to activate (the one that mirrors the eye he presumably doesn't have).

5 Comments:

At April 06, 2008 1:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, the one eye thing is weird.

 
At April 07, 2008 7:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Despite the fact that Tobi is (for now) the only Uchiha I Iike, I'm still so sick of the Uchiha I could SCREAM. I know I've been shy about my opinion on them before, but now it's time to speak out (or lash out)! For. The. Love. Of. God. Bring. Back. NARUTO. Thank you. (And STOP that rain! Kishimoto's entire ninja world will float away, or they'll all start competing for a jar of dirt, or something if that irritating rain doesn't dry up.)

As for the white flash thing, I think it might be the cartoon equivalent of music going DUH DUH DUNNNNN!

 
At April 11, 2008 10:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chapter 397- spoiling without spoiling. Kishimoto, I'm calling it.


SHENANIGANS!
SHENANIGANS!!
SHE-FREAKIN'-NANIGANS!!!

 
At April 22, 2008 9:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you nearly done with 397's review yet? It's been out for a while and 398 is late....

 
At April 22, 2008 5:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

About 397 (like what taterbird did...):



WUTWUTWUT KISHI WHY?? WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO US?

*goes and cries for lost dreams/hopes/theories/fanfiction-backgrounds*

lol.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home