Monday, February 18, 2008

Naruto Chapter 389: Sasuke's Strategy

Summary: Since Sasuke is able to escape Itachi's genjutsu, they fight with ninjutsu. Itachi's vision suffers from the side effects of using Tsukiyomi and Sasuke is able to wound Itachi with a windmill shuriken. Then, while fighting fire with fire jutsu, Itachi uses Amaterasu. (Read 389 here)

SnowyOwl Says:

Sasuke pulled out the wires. Yay! I must say, nice play by Sasuke. I am still in shock that he caused bodily harm to the heretofore untouchable Itachi. He bleeds after all. And apparently in the eyes too. Disassociating it completely from Heroes Season 2 (in which this visual was wasted), I really like this concept: Itachi is not only paying a long term consequence for using the Mangekyou, but paying every time he uses his techniques. Even he doesn't get to be powerful for free.

1 Comments:

At February 20, 2008 11:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, even the Evil Eye Magic isn't foolproof. Eat it, Itachi! (No, I'm not suddenly in favor of a Sasuke-ian victory, I'm just annoyed by Uchiha in general. Their injuries make me happy. I know I've been vague on this point, and I'm so sorry for any confusion. :-D) But it was cool seeing things from ItachiCam, which pretty much looks like what I see without glasses, but without the photographic memory. And without the psychosis. But yeah, I'm with you, Snowy. No one should be so insanely godlike without cost. So it's good that Itachi may in fact be completely self-defeating. (And totally ironic.)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home