Thursday, February 28, 2008

Naruto Chapter 390: The Final Jutsu

Summary: Itachi attacks Sasuke with the Amaterasu but Sasuke escapes below ground and counter-attacks with a new fire technique. Itachi dodges the attack. At a standstill and both out of chakra, Sasuke prepares his final attack. (read 390 here)

SnowyOwl Says:

Wow, Itachi looks like he's in a lot of pain and it's fascinating to look at (I reread the chapter a couple of times just to look at the panels again). I think it's because it's the first time we've EVER seen him that beat.

Very exciting chapter: excellent action, well executed.

And Sasuke totally called Itachi out on his bluff (pwnd big brother!)

But I said it once, and I'll say it again. Why do Naruto ninja insist on telling the opponent their weakness? Yeah, hi, I'm completely out of chakra. I have one more move and if it doesn't work I'm screwed. GAH! And when does trapping someone in your psyche mean absorbing all their techniques?! I swear the Uchiha are just a bunch cheaters.

Final prediction: Sasuke's final jutsu is likely not that jutsu. He used a hand seal before Orochi stopped him (ch. 309), which would imply chakra manipulation. Sasuke claims he is out of chakra, so whatever trump card he has may not require any.

2 Comments:

At February 29, 2008 4:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sucks that he has to announce that he's almost out of chakra, but how would we know if he didn't?

 
At February 29, 2008 8:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ultimate out-of-chakra technique? Sasuke socks his brother. Right on the nose. Simple. Effective. Naruto-ish. (I would so begin to like the Dread Pirate if he wins like this!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home