Sunday, December 30, 2007

Naruto Chapter 383: The Epilogue, and the...

Summary: Jiraiya, having encoded the true identity of Pain on his summon, sinks under water and is satisfied with the circumstances of his death. Meanwhile, Team Konoha prepares to confront Tobi while Sasuke confronts Itachi.

SnowyOwl Says:

[Of Jiraiya]
I'm really glad Jiraiya was able to die a noble death and that his summon actually got away in time so he did not die in vain. The feeling of floating gently down into the water was executed nicely and was...peaceful. Thank you for your spirit and adding depth and motion to the series. I hope you'll get acknowledged and a grander send-off later in the series.

[Of Team Konoha]
Nice. No beating around the bush, just ready to fight. I'm used to be super-amused by Tobi's speech patterns, but again, knowing that Madara* is under the mask (or some incarnation of Madara - I haven't let go of the Mad Tobito theory yet) makes me so nervous. What are you playing at Tobi?! Loved the page where every character had a line - Kiba bringing up the fact that Shino missed out during the Rescue Sasuke arc (and rubbing it in) and Sai observing more bonds (poor boy must be so confused) - yay!

[Of the Uchihas]
Ooo! Nice one-liner from Itachi ("Let's see how good your eye-sight is"). And here we go. I'm not sure if this is THE confrontation, or another tease, but I have a feeling that Itachi really does have something to tell Sasuke (in other words, Kishimoto has a plot point for the readers) live or die. It pains me to say it, but I'm betting that Sasuke's the one coming out on the other end when all is said and done between those two.

1 Comments:

At January 09, 2008 3:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to say that the teams in this chapter are love. Just love. Poor Sai. Someone needs to draw him one of those football play diagram things. And this was one of those times where I didn't wish for Sakura's immediate and painful demise. She believes in Naruto, Hinata, and she's useless. Have a little faith, girl!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home