Monday, October 22, 2007

Naruto Chapter 375: Ni Dai Sennin

Summary: Pain attacks Jiraiya with a series of summons. Jiraiya response by summoning the two great hermits. (read 375 here)

SnowyOwl Says:

Lots of action, not much plot, which is fine after a healthy dose of flashback and monologuing. I fear for Jiraiya though, if his life depended on a self-deprecating frog. I seriously wanted to shake that frog, or put him in therapy, or something...and unless it's for some reverse psychology jutsu, he really shouldn't be saying how weak he is out loud.

No idea what Pain is up to, but I did find it intriguing that all his summons have his eyes like he hypnotized them. And that bird reminded me of Birdramon (Pain, I feel your loooove)*.

Finally, Jiraiya, WTH? Why did your eyes turn froggy and your nose turn big? Don't tell me you turned yourself into a frog! I'm afraid of what's in the shadows.

*reference to Digimon Adventures

Witherwing Writes:

I totally loved the digimon reference. It made my night.

6 Comments:

At October 23, 2007 12:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

freaky.

 
At October 23, 2007 5:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait until you see how Pein defeats him- Jiraya must cross his summoned freeway traffic. After that, it'll be a no-holds barred, winner-take-all session of Oregon Trail. First one to die of snakebite loses. Extra points if it's a nasty Gold-Rush Era Disease.

Fear the Diptheria no Jutsu!

 
At October 23, 2007 11:33 PM , Blogger serenphoria said...

You're dating us, Taters. Ah, Frogger and Oregon Trail. And you always, ALWAYS pay the Indians to float your wagon across the river.

 
At October 24, 2007 10:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was too cheap for that. If my brother's avatar drowned, well, he drowned. But I've never played Frogger- even though the computers at my dear old private elementary school dated back to the early Neolithic (or possibly arose whole from the primordial ooze) so we all got to play games from the WAAAAAAYYY early 80s while everyone else discovered the benefits of the Information Superhighway. I did, however, get pretty good at Space Invaders. And everyone was green on the way to Oregon. No Indian ferryman can save you from whatever *that* was.

Remember kids, private schools can happen to YOU. Just say "No" to donated lame tech.

 
At October 26, 2007 10:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you're reading the next one... bear this in mind... What if it's not about Pein as Jiraiya thinks? What if it's about Naruto?

There, hopefully I'm just vague enough you don't know what the hell I'm talking about. Until you read it, that is.

 
At October 28, 2007 12:14 AM , Blogger SnowyOwl said...

yo Nibs! Thanks for keeping it vague :) I have read the next one, and my first reaction was that it was Naruto! Silly Sennin, you've let what's directly ahead of you block the bigger picture.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home