Monday, September 25, 2006

Naruto Manga 324: Shikamaru's Analysis

Snowyowl says:

Oh! We so called it. Malfoy the Immortal kills himself to get his opponents. Man, what a cheat.

I was extremely moved the moment when Malfoy was all 'DIE' and Shika was all 'I WON'T LET YOU!!' Wow, what a great, super-tension, high-adrenaline moment. I can't wait until THAT scene is animated and voiced. Kaaaa-saaaaan!* I've always loved Shikamaru because you know that he really, genuinely cares for his comrades and he internalizes the responsibility to watch out for them. I think that's partially why he chooses to be (or appear) apathetic: if he lets himself he could easily be overwhelmed by the sense of responsibility for other people's welfare and guilt if he is unable to prevent bad things from happening.


So he's figured something out about Malfoy's Hari-Kari jutsu? How much do you want to bet that he's just going to take a step to the side so skeleton-man isn't in his transmutation circle anymore?

*The seiyu for Shikamaru also voiced Kadaj in the 'Final Fantasy: Advent Children' movie, in which he screams passionately and desperately for his 'mother.' Needless to say that that's one of WitherWing's and my favorite moments. So much passion, Voice of Shikamaru! To our dear readers, sorry for the inside joke.

Witherwing writes:

Oh Man! What a great chapter.

I was going to comment on the Shikamaru thing. I think it was his most passionate outcry to date. I agree that he takes the safety of his teammates very peronally and has a hard time forgiving himself if anything happens to them.

I'd also like to mention how Asuma is taking his
precious thinking time to think about Shikamaru's thinking. He's like 'I must think of a fabulous strategy to get out. Good thing Shika's thinking for me instead.' Stay on task man, you're dying! And notice how impressed Shika's teammates are with his cool, collected thinking ability.


It would be the absolute best way to defeat this guy if all Shikamaru had to do was take a step. Then Malfoy would regret making that tiny circle. So simple yet brilliant like hitting the girl's head on the wall at prelims.

I appreciate the reference. ^_^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home