Thursday, August 20, 2009

Interim: Blog Update

Serenphoria Says:

On a completely personal note, I'm in the throes of wrapping up work and moving to go to grad school. As to how that will affect this blog, I see one of three options:

1) I will continue to post, albeit sporadically and infrequently
2) I will retire this blog
3) I will share ownership of this blog with someone else who can post on a more regular basis.

I started this blog as a way of recording and sharing with a few close friends my thoughts on the series. As time passed, a little community of readers started visiting more regularly and I started posting more regularly. However, I'm finding it extremely difficult as my situation changes to continue on any consistent basis.

My question to you all is...what keeps you reading at Mendokuse? If it's consistent commentary you want, I assure you there are many blogs/forums/communities out there that deliver that and I can go with option 1 or 2. If it's this little community of readers, then option 3 may be a way to go - in which case, I need volunteers. And if it's me specifically (and *blush* if it is), then I'd lean more towards option 1.

Please let me know your thoughts. I can't promise regular posts in the near future, but you can always subscribe to the feed so when I do update, you'll know automatically and not have to check.

Thanks.

11 Comments:

At August 22, 2009 3:40 PM , Anonymous pirateninjalover said...

I stumbled across your blog last year I believe and have been reading it ever since...though I have yet to comment on it. The consistent commentary does keep me reading...but dont think your blog is easily replaceable, it has a homely charm that keep me coming back (psht like that even makes sense). Retiring this blog would be a shame, but I completely understand your situation and do wish you luck for the future :)

 
At August 22, 2009 11:51 PM , Blogger serenphoria said...

@pirateninjalover

Thank you very much for your feedback and kind words ("homely charm" ... I think I understand what you're saying, though I wouldn't know how to recreate that feeling if someone asked me to!)

Thanks for the well wishes, and I'll take your feedback into consideration.

 
At August 23, 2009 6:41 AM , Blogger Nibbles said...

;~;

I'll miss you!

 
At August 23, 2009 9:54 PM , Blogger serenphoria said...

@Nibbles

Wah! *sniffles* So many goodbyes lately...Nibbles, you've been great -- your comments lets me know you're reading and engaged, which is highly motivating.

But this isn't a definite goodbye yet!

 
At August 26, 2009 8:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay. So somehow I traveled from one of your fanfics to this blog ages ago. And I never commented (because I am a stalker, also I never had any brighter commentary to add than "Sasuke, you idiot.")

You had such excellent theories and funny snarks that I kept reading even when your posts shrunk to about the size of Naruto's penis. (Thank you, Sai!)

Newayz, I would be happy if you just shared your thoughts on the manga whenever. I'll prbly still read your old posts from time to time. Thanks!

 
At August 27, 2009 3:24 PM , Anonymous Nemesis Jedi said...

“What do I like about this blog”, huh? A little of bit of everything to be honest. But to be more specific: First of all the way you comment on the Naruto chapters released each week. It's never gushing or too scathing (something I'm guilty of. More of the former than the latter.), but more of a casual air that's always refreshing to read.

I like the small community we've got here (and lurkers, too apparently :P) it's like I said before: 'this place is chill, yo' and because of that I've found the perfect place to rant about all things Naruto. Perhaps to the chagrin of people too polite to say otherwise :D

In any case it's your choice. I'm leaning towards “1” myself, but if you feel like you need to retire this blog because you no longer have the time to maintain it it's cool. Though I will miss everyone :<

 
At August 29, 2009 9:02 PM , Blogger brooks said...

hi your blog was nice.,

 
At September 05, 2009 10:12 PM , Blogger Witherwing said...

I have returned! It's been so long since I've posted on here. Why didn't you encourage me more. Sigh.

Well GJ this is your baby so you do what you gotta do. ^_^

 
At October 06, 2009 3:32 AM , Anonymous The Best Anime Online said...

yeah...this is nice blog....:D

 
At October 07, 2009 8:11 AM , Anonymous Anime said...

dude Im looking for a manga site where I can redirect my users.... I found yours to be very cool, and I want to exchange links with you... I can put up advertisements and a portion of my content where your updates will be posted... tnx this is the link watch naruto and other anime online

 
At January 05, 2010 1:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home