Saturday, August 08, 2009

Naruto Chapter 459: Sakura's Decision

Summary: The kages don't trust Danzou to be their leader. Shikamaru tells Sakura of the decision to hunt Sasuke.

Serenphoria Says:


Okay, so my comments are not going to be very cohesive, but here were some of the things going through my mind when I read this chapter.

I was happy that Kishimoto made the decision about the next leader a discussion. Too often, major decisions are made within one chapter, but here, we've got a complex situation with many parties that have a stake in the outcome. Also, the line "He is the embodiment of the darkness in the ninja world" filled me with glee. Dramatic much? Unless....it's true?

---

Wow, is Kishimoto giving CLAMP a run for their title of most number of eye-transplants or what?

---

I know tact was never one of Neji's strong suits, but ouch. Hey Shikamaru, remember the time when you totally failed to save Sasuke? Yeah, you should feel responsible to tell Sakura that we have to kill him now.

---

And finally: Everything that Sai said was very cathartic for me. His insight into Naruto and the recognition that others rely too much on him is exactly what I've been feeling. I know Kishi dragged this out on purpose to give Naruto the opportunity to show of his growth in strength and maturity, but it's about time that the other ninjas (who are all so awesome but we never get to see) are stepping up their game.

---

Shisui? What?!? aasdkfja;dfjadslflaksdjf;ak

4 Comments:

At August 08, 2009 5:24 AM , Anonymous Nemesis Jedi said...

Its been a long time since I've been this stoked about a Naruto chapter! And of course Kishi releases it when there will be no Jump next week :<

It's nice to see the good 'ol teams together again. And, damn, Shikamaru! Asking Team 7 for permission is nice and all, but damn. I like mature Shika, but I do kinda miss his “troublesome” days...

All right this is a bit off tangent, but I'm getting kinda tired of everyone griping about Sakura crying. It's not like she broke a nail and started blubbering about it. Sai just forced her to see the ugly side of Naruto's “promise of a lifetime” to her and then Shika came in and said “if we don't kill Sasuke before he does something stupid (and we all know how much he likes doing stupid things) he'll cause another war :D”. If I was in her position I'd be a total mess, yo.

Besides, Naruto cries more in this manga then anyone else. Seriously.

Okay, enough of this, it's Kage time!

1,000 points to the Raikage for saying that Dazou is the embodiment of evil. Him and Naruto will totally be drinking buddies when Naruto finally gets that hat.

Mist guy ganked a Hyuuga eye! Finally some respect for the Hyuuga clan!

Hyuugas: *Proud*

Shisui! SHISUI! I did not see that coming at all! The guy had mind control powers? I wonder if he had the Mangekyou too? Did Itachi really kill him? Did he know Danzou's a dirty body snatcher? How can Itachi become even more mysterious when he's dead? D:

Also: Danzou mind hacking the Elders into overreacting on the Uchiha's. Totally calling it.

Madara back stabbing Sasuke. I'm not surprised. This just in: Madara's a bastard.

One hell of a magnificent bastard.

 
At August 10, 2009 10:18 AM , Anonymous taterbird said...

:D Uchiha Madara, you magnificent bastard, I read your BOOK!

 
At August 19, 2009 2:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, you were not lying when you said the post would come "more later"...

 
At November 26, 2009 7:01 PM , Anonymous tinajoy said...

Its good to know that the team will be in one group again and I'v been waiting for it to see thenm regroup again and fight as a team.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home